Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Self-Help Book on Divorce, or Memoir?


The idea of my ebook being a self-help book crossed my mind. I normally write self-help and nonfiction. I do want my book to shed light on the subject of what some Christians face when going through separation and divorce. I do want it to help, not just entertain. 

I also read an article where a writing coach said how annoyed she was with reading yet another story of a relationship gone wrong due to dysfunction and abuse. I'm sure many stories written of breakups are from people who suffered physical abuse or dealt with alcoholics or drug users. 

My story is none of that. A slightly narcissistic person, yes. An unhealed person, yes. An immature person, yes. 

When I married him, I had never heard the term "narcissist." The word "stalker" was only just gaining popularity.

 The trouble is, many women, in the name of marriage, do themselves an injustice by thinking they have to stick it out when being flung around like a spider on a long web by a man who was supposed to have her best interests at heart.

I invite you to read my story. https://www.amazon.com/No-More-Games-Christian-Marriage-ebook/dp/B08H1BQNHB

(I've contacted Amazon to correct the look-inside feature)



No comments:

A Current News Story Resonates with Me

  I'm as absorbed as anyone currently in the Mica Miller case.  According to reports,  Mica Miller  had filed multiple times for a legal...