Friday, January 26, 2024

 




Callous is a person who steps away from the woman he promised his love and support to. He assumes he’s made a grave mistake in marrying her. He wants freedom. He gets caught up in the rewards of selfishness, using the perks of newfound independence as a measuring device for how far he can trample her before she rebels. The callous person makes his choice and then becomes defined by his choices. Randy was that callous snake.

All I ever wanted was a hand to hold, arms to hold me, and someone to appreciate me. Moral support. Someone to share a bowl of popcorn with while watching mindless TV. But now, though technically I was still married, I didn’t have any of that.

Four years have passed since I said, “I do.” The world of the separated woman feels cold and empty. I hate living in limbo.

No comments:

A Current News Story Resonates with Me

  I'm as absorbed as anyone currently in the Mica Miller case.  According to reports,  Mica Miller  had filed multiple times for a legal...